Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Culmination!

Before we get into the details, I want to show this text I sent to my family today:


First of all, you should know that the band is not called Shitgun Honeymoon. That was a mistake. Autocorrect, why?!

The band is actually called Shotgun Honeymoon. You may remember them from such posts as 
this one. This is the band that Rob has been playing with since before we got married, and they've been collaborating on this EP for the last little while.

Not to brag, but my brilliant and talented and handsome husband did like a buttload of work on this thing. First of all, he helped arrange the songs. B) He played the drums, auxiliary percussion, and sang backing vocals. And finally, he engineered the bugger, then produced, edited, mixed, and mastered it.

Sometimes people are all like, "You guys are so busy! Why you no hang out with us?" And then we're like, because after Rob gets home from working eight hours every day, he sits down and works for a whole bunch more hours. Me? I just probably don't like you. I'd rather sit on my futon without trousers on, watch Dr. Who on my mom's Netflix, and eat peanut butter straight out of the jar. (JK, guys! Poetic license!)

But sometimes, all those working hours turn into something. Something like this Culmination EP, which, if you have $4.95, you can buy right now on iTunes! Or Amazon

Bonus fun facts: my mom plays her viomalin on it, too. She's quite good, you know. 
Also, I sang on two tracks. But you don't have to listen to those if you don't want to.

So, guys! Do us a solid and give these songs a listen. You'll like them, I think. And if you don't, that's OK. It won't hurt our feelings. It's just that we worked really hard on them and our self-esteem is all wrapped up in them. NBD. ;)

Alright, folks! That's if for the shameless plug. Have a wonderful Tuesday and Happy All Hallow's Eve Eve!



3 comments:

Carrie said...

So excited & proud of you!! Let me know what else I can do to help promote it! Love you both!

Hilary said...

Yay Rob! Downloading now

Anonymous said...

Go Rob! Downloading now...So proud of you guys. Making it happy. (happen)--xo Hil