Friday, February 24, 2012

Procrastination Station

Every time I have to finish a book that seems so long that a speed-reading super hero couldn't finish it by Christmas, I get a bug up my butt about this blog. So I wasted two hours futzing around with it today. Now I'm mad at myself because I still have roughly a million pages to read in The Octopus, which is actually an awesome book you should read, and I still haven't taken a shower. My dog and I have just been snuggling on the couch, breathing on each other, and stewing in one another's stinks. I know how aroused you must be. Try not to make love to your computer screen.

Then I think about this blog. I'm bad at it. My last post was three weeks ago. I post some nonsense, and then I pat myself on the back, and then I wait for my check for $0 from the Internet, and then I completely forget I even have a blog. Plus, during my two-hour life-wasting session today, I discovered that there are really only two schools of lifestyle bloggers: the super-stylish/so-hip-it-hurts/graphic-designer-artist-photographer/beautiful-person kind that makes me feel bad about myself, and the kind where you give everyone in your family a code name and post pictures of all your meals, outfits, crafts, and naked babies. Not that either of these types are bad, just that neither of these types are me.

Here's the truth. Are you ready? OK. Me, too. My life is not interesting enough for you to want to read about it. So what are you still doing here, mom? 

I don't have any babies to take pictures of. But I do have a picture of this cookie...



which I had to buy last Tuesday when I was working at Yolk so that I could go spy on Joseph Gordon-Levitt at LAMILL. I didn't want to look like a total psycho, so couldn't walk out of there empty-handed.

It was delicious. But perhaps (and Rob and I agree on this) not as delicious as Joseph Gordon-Levitt.



4 comments:

Jen said...

I've had similar thoughts about "lifestyle bloggers." Which is largely why I haven't yet taken the plunge from the-stupid-blog-I-started-six-years-ago-for-just-me-and-my-friends to full on grown-up person, monetized blog that I'm not slightly embarrassed to tell people about.

But secretly I want to. One of these days...

P.S. You saw JG-L which makes your life WAY more interesting than mine. Mmmm...JG-L.

Gretta said...

@Jen Pffff....monetized blogs. I monetized my blog, but it doesn't make me money. Maybe I should post more pictures of myself? First, I should change the way I look, though....

Carole said...

For some light relief here is a funny about procrastination
http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/cartoon_23.html

Rob said...

i know i'm late to the party, but i need to make clear: i do very much have a man-crush on mr. gordon-leavit, but i can't say i'd describe him as delicious