Saturday, February 4, 2012

Give Brandon the Finger!

When I was in high school, my best friend was a dude. He was a cool dude with rad hair and and sweet skate shoes and, most awesomely, he played in rock bands. After high school, he became this insanely magnificent classical guitarist (in addition to being in this sweet band) and I couldn't be more proud if he had learned to conjure bacon strips out of thin air.

Problem is, he sliced his right index finger off in a tragic table saw accident. I know. It's dreadful. It makes me scrunch my face and clench my thighs when I think about it. But since he's such a stud, he's been playing the guitar this whole time anyway. And now he's got this cool music career and this beautiful wife and all he needs is a prosthetic finger so he can get back to playing all the crazy, fingerpicking tunes he played before.

And you can help!

Go this blog, head over to the donate page, and send Brandon some ducats to buy his $3000 "carbon-fiber finger fragment". Please. It would be so very decent of you. If you're anywhere near Salt Lake City, you might could even go to the Give Brandon the Finger Benefit Concert (more info on that here).

Thanks for always helping my friends. You guys are the best.

No comments: