Friday, October 7, 2011

They've got something up their sleeves...

Hey, invisible blog friends. I know I've been neglecting you. It's been madness at Chez Whalen, which is what I call my house now. It's ironic, too, because it makes it seem like my house is French and fancy. I assure you, it is neither.

But chezs (chez's? chezes?) and fanciness is not what I swung by this dusty blog to talk to you about. 

What I'd actually like to bring your attention to is rabbit masks and blow darts and Rob in a newsboy cap.


This is Shotgun Honeymoon's new video for "Up to Something". You might be saying, "What's Shotgun Honeymoon?" And then I might be saying, "You never listen when I talk to you!" (It's alright, though. I can cut you a break. It's been a super long time since I brought it up. Like Squints from The Sandlot, I've had a lot of things on my mind.) Shotgun Honeymoon is the band Rob collaborates with and plays drums for and now produces. Not to brag, but he's pretty much a multitalented genius. And of course he is because I would never marry a dummy. I mean...I might get close, but I would never actually go through with it.

Invisible blog friends: do me a favor, will you? Will you watch this video a few (hundred) times? Will you post it to your facespace walls? Will you tell your friends? And will you fondly anticipate the release of the mythical "EP" that Rob and Eric keep talking about? Ah, you guys are the best.

Stay tuned for more incredible music after the break!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Love it!!! Can't wait for the "EP". Miss you & Rob! Love you both!

Cliff said...

man oh man...Rob you need to hurry and drop that record. It'll be hotter than lil' wayne. tell you what, release a mix tape on Dat Piff. It works for all the rappers. build some hype!

Also, can I borrow the page boy cap and suspenders. I think they would lend me some much needed gravitas in the classroom.