Sunday, June 19, 2011

Grandpa Doc Dialogues: A Father's Day Post

Returning a call that he made to today me at "Fifteen fifteen".

Me: Hi, Grandpa Doc! Happy Father's day!

GD: Thanks, honey. Listen. I wanna give you guys a couple of guns.

Me: Oh...that's nice...!

GD: Yeah. I want you to go down to the police station, and tell the Lieutenant there that your Grandpa's an old soldier, and he's got a couple of hand guns he wants you to have. They're old, but they're in really good shape. You tell them that, too. Tell them your Grandpa's an old doctor in Palm Desert and he has a whole lot of guns.

Me: OK, Grandpa. That sounds good. Um. Which police station should I go to?

GD: Oh, any police station. There are a lot of them in Los Angeles. Listen, there's a lot of red tape. If you were in Nevada or Utah, there wouldn't be so much red tape. But I gotta tell you something—make sure you don't let the government know where any of your stuff is.

Me: Gotcha.

GD: Because they'll come and find it and they'll take it.

Me: Right.

GD: And especially make sure you don't put anything in the bank.

Me: Of Course.

GD: You've gotta put all of your money into silver and gold so it's safe. Do that.

Me: I will.

GD: Listen. Owning a gun is like getting married. You don't want to make a commitment until you've held it in your hands.

Me: Right.

GD: So I want you guys to come to the desert and take a look at these guns.

Me: Definitely. We'll give you a call. I know Rob is really excited about getting his hands on some firearms.

GD: Good, cause I've got a lot of guns. Love you, honey!

Me: Love you, too, Grandpa!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

MORE! More!!!
I was just thinking about you tonight. I was LITERALLY thinking, "GOsh, I wish Gretta would post more on her blog." And what a fine father's day gift for me. A POST. The universe and I, we are very good friends lately.

Alex said...

Hi Gretta! I just read this and your grad school post and I'm laughing so hard I almost woke up the baby. You're hilarious and I miss you!