Thursday, January 27, 2011

Reality Bites.

Handsome Rob and I pretty much have the same taste in everything. We both crush on Jason Statham, high-cholesterol food, impromptu in-house dance parties, stuff like that. We're one of the only couples I know that has serious discussions about zombies, real vampires, and how we'd like to be in a biker gang. Actually, just Rob would be in the gang. I'd play the coveted role of his old lady. That way I don't have to implicate myself in the murders and drug runnings and such. It makes for a fun marriage, though. An unproductive marriage at times, but still fun.

Our one major disagreement has to do with this extramarital affair I'm having with trashy reality TV. I love it. Especially the really vile MTV/VH1 stuff. Teen Mom makes me emotional. So does Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew. Also, I'm ashamed to admit that I have a morbid fascination with Jersey Shore. (I dare you to watch one episode and not fall in love with JWOWW. I don't personally care for the Snooki.) My favorite, though, is the Supernanny. I'll have a baby if Nanny Jo moves in with us. Hell, I'll even take the futon and she and Rob can have the bed.

That sounds like a lot of TV. And it doesn't even include all the shows Rob and I watch together. Don't worry. I usually watch it while I'm doing P90X. I put Tony Horton on mute because he's insufferable. That way I can feel emotions other than irrational anger while doing my wacky jacks.

So now you know. Hi. My name is Gretta. And I'm a grown-ass woman who likes to watch teenagers, children, addicts, and offensive Italian-American stereotypes be belligerent and obnoxious. Help me exploit this shameful habit and turn it into something productive. I'm thinking...reality show reviews for public radio? I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

haha you arent the only one. Have you ever gotten into the Bachelor...omg. I totally think you should turn yourself into a reality steve of sorts and just do reality tv recaps. Then just live off the adsense. :) I totally got sucked into Celebrity Rehab this season. Im just wondering where I can go to watch Rachel Uchitel throw herself at more creepy addicts. When you find out let me know.

Dana said...

And this is why I have always loved you... oh how I miss that Parkinson humor. No one will ever understand me like you guys do :)

Geoff and Lindsay Hadley said...

Jason Statham is my KKK-razy crush too. Watch MTVs "Vice's Guide to Everything" and then you won't feel like such a loser for watching reality TV cause it is like... helping you learn stuff n stuff.(although I find myself getting into effin' American Idol these days) yea, go ahead judge me... that crap hooks your damn emotions.

p.s. i miss you xoxo