Monday, March 8, 2010

Not to brag, but I know some pretty talented people.

These are my friends. They're in a band called Fictionist. You can buy their album on iTunes. Lasting Echo, it's called.

Blue-eyed Universe from Fictionist on Vimeo.

Now, I have no reason to be as proud of these fellows as I am, but I prefer to bask in the glow of other people's success than hide in the shadows of my own crippling doubts and fears. It's warmer. The Jesus-looking one, that's Brandon. He and I were boone companions back in high school days. Now he lives so very far away. But someday, when these guys are super famous, I'm going to say, "Me and the Jesus-looking one? We gave a speech at our high school graduation. Neither of us remembers what was said in it, but we have the vague memory that it was in rhyming couplets and intended to be humorous."

1 comment:

Geoff and Lindsay Hadley said...

I know right? They are super good! I am so proud of little Brandon and I wish the three of us, and Bags were all being silly and entertaining the crap out of ourselves again this very moment somewhere in the Avenues... Milo actually called Brandon - Jesus - when we came over a few weeks ago. It was radical. xoxo