Thursday, March 11, 2010

My life is boring and I have nothing to brag about.

I only have things to complain about. Which I do almost constantly. It's part of my charm. Rob was the lucky winner of my soundboard competition due to his eternal patience and incomprehensible adoration of me. Even I have to admit that my psychotic breaks can be pretty endearing. I had roughly 17 of them last week. I can't remember what they were about, just that they were carefully thought-out, reasonable, and well-communicated. (Everyone knows that weeping and sniffling through your elliptical argument can only add to its credibility.)

They don't cancel classes due to PMDD, so I still had to go learn about literary theory last week. On my way to the car after class, I checked my e-mail on the phone. There was this one from Rob:


It reminded me that even while the earth and heavens conspire to twist my undies up in bunches, my face has not been shredded to ribbons by a chainsaw bear. And isn't that all that really matters?

4 comments:

Laura said...

Now THAT is a good point. That Rob, always so timely with the perspective thing.

xoxo

Rodney said...

If this post doesn't embody the Gretta we know and love ... and blog follow (ask Hil: I am a Nazi about whom I have enough respect to follow) -- self-deprecating to a fault, sarcastic, brilliant -- no piece of prose ever will.

Gina Louise said...

I love you, panties in a bunch or not. And sounds like you've got one special guy. :)

Vickie Blanchard said...

Funny cartoon. PMDD rots.