Now you may be wondering, "where were these ultra-dependable adult-like people for ten days while all they're government issued mail and time sensitive bills piled up in the mailbox?" I'll tell you. We were on a Cow Town tour of the Western U.S., that's where! Sure, we made stops in such bustling metropolises as Provo, Salt Lake City, and Reno. But mostly, we were hitting up places like Heber Valley, UT; Winnemucca, NV; Red Bluff, CA and the California Mission of San Simeon.
- Driving all night to make it BYU for my brother George's commencement. Go Cougs! (I didn't walk at my own commencement. In fact, I had to check with my dad during the ceremony to make sure I actually did graduate from college. Turns out I did, so we're all good on that front.)
- Hitting up the Costco for a million flowers to arrange for my brother Cliff's wedding dinner at the Beesley's house. No pictures, of course, because I lack foresight.
- Singing a Kings of Leon cover at the wedding dinner.
- Watching Cliff get married!! To a girl!! Then cleaning up after the reception with the skill and dexterity of a blind, drunken toddler! (I fell with scissors in my pocket!)
- Skipping church to brunch with the family and visit with good, good friends.
- Sleeping through Elko and waking up for lunch at the (only) pizza place in Winnemucca.
- Taking a couple days to chill in Reno with the supercool Kienes.
- Three days at Gramma Whalen's house in Red Bluff, eating nothing but pizza, and thus, thoroughly infuriating my intestines.
- San Francisco, the Pacific Coast, and Hearst Castle with my pal, husband.
- Coming home to my own bed, which kicks the asses of the beds at the Days Inn in San Simeon.
Chatting it up at Cliffy's reception while looking (although not actually being) a little bit pregnant.
Trying to be cute with my bro , but only succeeding in photographically documenting my creepy eye.
Found this doozy in the Red Bluff Cemetery. I think it's an Asian name...
At the Coit Tower in SF. What's wrong with my bangs? How should I know? What do you think I am, a surgeon?