Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hey, you girls!

I'm doing a story about general female cattiness; you know, jealousy, gossip, competition in the workplace, fights over boys, etc., etc. I would like to know YOUR thoughts on the matter. Any experiences you'd be willing to share (just with me—I'd get your permission before I printed it, I promise!) or personal pearls of wisdom would be enlightening and probably hilarious. ;)



And if you have any ideas to solve this global threat, or at least help alleviate it, I want to hear those, too!

Either send me an email (gretta.parkinson@gmail.com) or post it in the comments. Even if you don't know me! And forward it to your friends, too, if you would. I'm dying to know what you think.

Thanks, ladies!

G

5 comments:

Gina said...

We can alleviate it by restricting pregnant women to shop during the holidays.

I use to work for a clothing store during high school. This particular time I was working during Christmas madness, aka the last few days before, and we had lines up the kazoo, so naturally people were getting frustrated. One lady, pregnant and about ready to pop, left her space in line for a minute to grab something and when she tried to come back the lady behind her wouldn't allow it. Long story short, the pregnant lady ended up clawing the other lady in the face. The police were called and I had to be a freakin' witness in court.

Ah. The joys of female cattiness.

Vickie Blanchard said...

Thankfully, I don't have a lot of personal experience with this. I've had some, but nothing to rival the experience of others. However, child development researchers have started to pay increasing attention to "relational aggression," as opposed to physical aggression, which girls tend to use more than boys to get what they want from people. In the media this is referred to as being "Queen Bee," and some CD researchers at BYU identified this type of behavior in preschoolers as young as 3 and 4 years old. If you're interested in the research, look up David Nelson's work from BYU to get start. It received a lot of media attention because it was published around the same time as that "Mean Girls" movie with L. Lohan in it.

Gina said...

Ha! It was Rob's post?! That is silly.

justin said...

i love l lohan..

jet said...

Am I allowed to share my Lindsey Lohan story? :D