Friday, July 25, 2008

Thank you, Christopher Nolan.

It was everything we hoped it would be and so much more.















The following is open letter to you, Mr. Nolan, from one of your fans:

Dear Dr. Christopher Nolan,

I should be PISSED that you took Batman to London and made him kick more ass on the silver screen than any yank ever accomplished, but! I find myself filled only with gratitude. Thank you for giving him a nemesis that acutally instills the heebie-jeebies into the hearts of men. I mean, I think you need to give a little more time and creep-the-ever-living-SCAT-out-of-me to the Scarecrow next go-round, but you gave Mr. Ledger the opportunity to create the greatest [read: most maniacal/lovably insane] portrayal since Alan Moore's The Killing Joke

Kudos.

Thanks for making me a kid once again—if only for 2.5 hours...2.5 of the most mesmerizing and torturous hours of my life. I have no fingernails to prove it.

Love,

Mr. Robert LeGrand Whalen

There's more, but it was super long-winded, so we took the opportunity to edit it for space.

No comments: